Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mystic Poncho




Project Name: Mystic Poncho
Description: Cabled Poncho that drapes like a sweater
Type: Knitting
Start Date: 08/30/2005
End Date: 01/09/2006
KAL: Selfish KAL
For: ME
Yarn: Briggs and Little Regal Light Grey
Notes: I had some serious issues with the yarn. Even though the dyelot was the same between all three skeins the yarn was significantly different between all 3 skeins. The shoppe owner I purchased it from is following up with the company. I ended up dyeing it in the washing machine with Rit Dye. To keep the dye bath warm/hot I boiled water on the stove in pots and kept adding to the washer. I started on a med/low setting with about 3 times as much dye as recommended and kept it in the dye bath for almost 1.5 hours with as little agitation as possible. I also had turned our water heater up to the very highest setting in the morning.
Before:

1 Comments:

Blogger PurrlKnitty said...

Where is this pattern from? It is beautiful.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home